We are looking for talanted professionals to join our experienced and passionate team of engineers. Take a look at the opportunities below.
Job applicants' personal data
When applying for a role you will be asked to provide your consent to use and hold your personal data. Any information that you may provide to us may help us with our recruitment process. This information will include your name, address, email address, ‘phone numbers, work, education and qualifications history and also your full CV. We are also required by law to collect information regarding your nationality and right to work in the UK.
Employment type: Permanent
Location: Cambridge (UK)
One of the most exciting start-ups in the UK, FlexEnable is the leader in the development and industrialisation of organic electronics for flexible displays and sensors. The company provides technology and services to its growing list of customers, enabling new product paradigms and use cases for a range of applications across consumer electronics, smart home appliances, automotive, digital signage, security and healthcare. We work with device manufacturers allowing them to upgrade and diversify with truly flexible electronics and tap into exciting new markets. FlexEnable has recently signed a Technology Transfer and Licensing deal with a leading Chinese display manufacturer to bring flexible organic LCD (OLCD) to mass production for the first time. This is an exciting time to join the company and be part of a world-class team of engineers and innovators.
FlexEnable is seeking a Shift Leader for the 2pm -12am shift from Monday-Thursday. The role reports to the Technical Director and will be responsible for leading and participating within a small team to fabricate flexible electronic devices. The role will be a mixture of preparing documentation for production batches, managing the team on daily priorities, and participating in producing the parts. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the potential to make a strong and high energy contribution to the company, proactively contributing to Continuous Improvement and driving excellence in Health and Safety.
- Experience of working within a clean room, laboratory or technical low volume production environment.
- Assisting engineers and scientists as they create, modify, and test products and processes.
- Provides encouragement to team members, by being an effective communicator and identifying areas for new training and/or opportunities within the team.
- Has the ability to raise improvement ideas to improve efficiency.
- Demonstrates continuous improvement ability and approach across all project, process development and day to day work.
- Demonstrates ability to develop other team members by providing training.
- Can deal independently with engineering staff at all levels and also has some experience in dealing with external vendors.
- Shows a significant understanding of FlexEnable processes and the interactions between each of the stages.
- Ability to draft Process Instructions and also train others to pre-defined standard with engineering sign-off.
- Communicates in a professional, clear, precise and effective manner.
- Commands high level of respect among both fellow workers and peers and always displays a professional and mature attitude towards work.
- Inspection of products and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement.
- Experience of accurate data collection and competency in recording and entering process data.
- Able to react proactively to changes in business priorities.
- Good collaborative working, interpersonal communications skills and efficient planning and organisation based on business priorities (self and tasks).
- The ability to meet production deadlines.
- Keen to learn, develop skills and contribute to technology and team development.
- A flexible approach to adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to take responsibility for the work within their specific area.
- Able to raise relevant questions at an opportune time.
Key personal qualities
- Flexible approach to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- High attention to detail when carrying out experiments.
- Excellent interpersonal skill, including ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to lead and organise a team’s workload, as well as own workload.
- A diligent and reliable team player.
- Has experience working with 6S and continuous improvement.
Applicants should apply via email@example.com providing their CV, a covering letter explaining how they believe they are suitable for the role and confirmation of their current salary and benefits.
No agencies please.