Current career opportunities
A hands-on, practical role, developing and maintaining fabrication processes for plastic electronics.
Join our Process Operations team, working within a clean room, laboratory and technical low volume production environment.
Hands-on role based in a Cleanroom environment, focused on photolithograph and deposition of thin film layers for plastic electronics.
Working at FlexEnable
Our employees are our most important asset and we strive to make FlexEnable a nice and stimulating place to work. We asked some of our talented team members to describe what they like about their job and the company and here is what they said.
“My favourite thing about FlexEnable is the amazing group of engineers who are incredibly dynamic and innovative when it comes to solving technical problems and can have an incredibly rapid turnaround on work to meet deadlines when they arise. The company culture is positive, there is a no blame culture and the management style is supportive and relaxed, which really allows people the flexibility to work in a way that best suits the individual, as well as the opportunity to drive forward your own career development. The work is varied and never dull, I am still learning new things every day!”
Dr May Wheeler
Optical and Electrical Test Manager
"In my current role, I find the constant challenges and variety of projects and tasks to be particularly engaging, and the diversity of assignments keeps my work interesting and stimulating. Additionally, the supportive and collaborative culture within the company, as well as the opportunity to learn and grow in various areas such as coding and simulations, make this job a fulfilling and rewarding experience. Lastly, I find it very exciting that I always have to learn and keep reading and researching as our projects require a very broad understanding of both the fundamentals and the practical aspects."
Associate Optical Engineer
“Working at FlexEnable has allowed me to be involved with all aspects of marketing and try new things. Being surrounded by smart experienced engineers has provided an invaluable opportunity to learn about electronics and be inspired by all the innovations the team has been working on. Everyone is friendly and approachable which, I think, contributes to a calm and productive work environment. My job gives me a good work-life balance and I feel valued and supported.”
Marketing Communications Manager
“FlexEnable has a great work atmosphere full of people who are enjoying their time. There’s a sense of exploration and teamwork. Working as an Optical Test Engineer I mainly focus on testing new samples and analysing data to better guide future decisions. There’s plenty of interesting problems to solve and a personal responsibility to get things done. There is a lot of opportunity to learn new things and acquire new skills so it never gets boring.”
"I have been working at FlexEnable for several years in the technical team and have been involved in a large number of always exciting and challenging projects. I enjoy the work environment being so dynamic and being at the forefront of the technology keeps the job always changing and stimulating. The team is friendly and supportive which makes working at FlexEnable very pleasant."
"As a fresh graduate, the opportunity and freedom to learn about so many different processes, programmes and equipment in such a short period of time has been an unbelievable opportunity. Every day I am excited to come to work and learn new things again and again. Moreover, I feel that I have a genuine impact on advancing the company’s technology and products."
Employee benefits (UK)
At FlexEnable we promote an open and collaborative environment and are committed to making employees feel valued and supported. In addition to the base salary we offer the following benefits to our UK employees:
- Pension – We have a contributory pension scheme in place (employer contribution 6% and employee minimum 2%).
- Private Medical Insurance – The Private Medical Insurance is offered to all our staff and we have no excess on our policy terms. This can be extended to family members.
- Health Cash Plan – The cash plan is available for optical, dental, chiropody, chiropractic and other health-based treatments.
- Prescription glasses – If you need to wear prescription glasses in the cleanroom we’ll cover the cost of your prescription safety glasses.
- Mental well-being – We provide you with an Employee Assistance Programme that assists with personal problems and/or work-related problems.
- Learning and Development – We support employees in their personal and career development through our Further Education and Sponsorship Policy.
- Flexible / hybrid working
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays (increasing to 30 with length of service)
- Share incentive plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Death In Service (four times’ salary)
- Income Protection Scheme – The policy provides security should an employee be unable to work for a sustained period of time.
- Social events – We host a number of team events throughout the year.
- Visa fee reimbursement – We are a Skilled Worker visa sponsor, so if you need a visa to work in the UK, we will reimburse your visa fees (subject to successful process).