Title: Engineering Technician (Early Shift)
Employment type: Permanent
Location: Cambridge (UK)
FlexEnable’s award-winning flexible technology platform, together with our unique FlexiOM™ materials, brings transformational possibilities to products including AR and VR optics, ePrivacy screens, automotive smart windows and displays. The complete low temperature manufacturing process allows, for the first time, commonly available and optically ideal flexible bio-degradable substrates such as TAC film to be used instead of glass. This innovative technology is used to make active matrix flexible Organic Liquid Crystal Displays (OLCDs) and flexible active liquid crystal (LC) optical films which are thin, light and conformable to almost any surface.
Today FlexEnable has around 600 patents and patent applications globally for OTFT and LC cell materials, processes and architectures. The company has technology transfer programmes underway with several leading display manufacturers in Asia as well as commercial programmes with some of the world’s biggest brands in consumer electronics.
FlexEnable are currently seeking an Engineering Technician (Early Shift) to join the Process Operations team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the potential to make a strong and high energy contribution to the company, proactively contributing to Continuous Improvement and driving excellence in Health & Safety.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working within a clean room, laboratory or technical low volume production environment.
- The ability to communicate in a professional, clear, precise and effective manner – very strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to meet production deadlines.
- Keen to learn, develop skills and contribute to technology and team development.
- A flexible approach to adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to take responsibility for the work within their specific area.
- Ability to write Process Instructions and other process support documentation.
- Good team working abilities.
- Self-sufficiency and effectiveness in meetings with engineers/customers.
- Active contribution to improving the quality of process steps responsible for.
- Is pro-active when issues arise and able to take ownership of the issue before trying to resolve it.
- Experience of accurate data collection and competency in recording and entering process data.
- Proven experience of actively seeking to develop the skills of others as well as their own.
- Previous recognition as an expert in key process areas
- Performing tests and recording performance.
- Very close cooperation with the engineering and management team – planning daily tasks
- Runs tests on products and equipment to ensure they function properly
- Provides suggestions for ways to improve products and equipment
- Ensures that all safety procedures are observed during laboratory work
Key personal qualities
- Flexible approach to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- High attention to detail when carrying out experiments.
- Excellent interpersonal skill, including ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Has experience working on continuous improvement.
- Has experience with data collection and fault finding/problem solving techniques.
- Possesses background knowledge in engineering
- Works well on a team.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates patience when running multiple tasks.
- Exhibits strong organisational skills.
- Possesses solid writing skills.
- Is able to understand and interpret engineering terminology.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter using the button below: