Title: Engineering Technician (test team)
Employment type: Permanent
Location: Cambridge (UK)
FlexEnable’s award-winning flexible technology platform, together with our unique FlexiOM™ materials, brings transformational possibilities to products including AR and VR optics, ePrivacy screens, automotive smart windows and displays. The complete low temperature manufacturing process allows, for the first time, commonly available and optically ideal flexible bio-degradable substrates such as TAC film to be used instead of glass. This innovative technology is used to make active matrix flexible Organic Liquid Crystal Displays (OLCDs) and flexible active liquid crystal (LC) optical films which are thin, light and conformable to almost any surface.
Today FlexEnable has around 600 patents and patent applications globally for OTFT and LC cell materials, processes and architectures. The company has technology transfer programmes underway with several leading display manufacturers in Asia as well as commercial programmes with some of the world’s biggest brands in consumer electronics.
FlexEnable are currently seeking an Engineering Technician to join the test team.
The main purpose of the role is to work as part of a small team providing support for optical and electrical testing of module and system units. This is a hands-on, practical role, working alongside inquisitive, innovative and exceptional engineers and reporting into the Optical and Electrical Test Manager. The incumbent will be a key member of the test team, supporting the activities of the engineers within the team and proactively contributing to Quality Control and driving excellence in Health & Safety.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Perform optical and electrical tests on various device types at system and module level.
- Report on findings to test team.
- Work with the team to identify ways to improve existing capabilities.
- Be an active member of the team that will contribute to failure analysis of devices under test.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working within a test laboratory or technical environment.
- The ability to follow and write Process Instructions and other process support documentation.
- The ability to meet test deadlines.
- The ability to communicate in a professional, clear, precise and effective manner – very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to take responsibility for the work within their specific area and make improvements to quality in that area.
- Experience of accurate data collection and competency in recording and entering data.
- The ability to ensure that all safety procedures are observed during laboratory work.
- Experience with data collection and fault finding/problem solving techniques.
- The ability to understand and interpret engineering terminology.
Key personal qualities:
- Flexible approach to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skill, including ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Structured, organised and detail oriented in approach.
- Team player with ability to work as part of organisation wide project / functional teams as well as independently.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter using the button below: