Title: Process Engineer (front end)
Reports to: Process Development Manager
Employment type: Permanent
Location: Cambridge (UK)
FlexEnable’s award-winning flexible technology platform, together with our unique FlexiOM™ materials, brings transformational possibilities to products including AR and VR optics, ePrivacy screens, automotive smart windows and displays. The complete low temperature manufacturing process allows, for the first time, commonly available and optically ideal flexible bio-degradable substrates such as TAC film to be used instead of glass. This innovative technology is used to make active matrix flexible Organic Liquid Crystal Displays (OLCDs) and flexible active liquid crystal (LC) optical films which are thin, light and conformable to almost any surface.
Today FlexEnable has around 600 patents and patent applications globally for OTFT and LC cell materials, processes and architectures. The company has technology transfer programmes underway with several leading display manufacturers in Asia as well as commercial programmes with some of the world’s biggest brands in consumer electronics.
FlexEnable are currently seeking a Process Engineer to join the Process team. The role is a hands-on role based in a Cleanroom environment. Focus is on photolithograph and deposition of thin film layers for plastic electronics. The main role is to bridge between Process development and the Process operations teams.
The successful candidate will be able to develop and independently carry out projects to optimize current deposition and patterning processes. They will initiate and lead the introduction of new materials / formulations and investigate new processing methods as and when required.
The incumbent will be able to make a strong and high energy contribution to the company, operating as a key member of the process team, proactively contributing to Quality Control and driving excellence in Health & Safety.
Skills and experience
- The position will require a BSc or higher in a relevant area complemented by experience working within the FPD industry or with Semiconductor processes on small scale pilot production line or production facility.
Experience that will be utilised in the role:
- Recognised practical photolithography skills with specific tool experience.
- Demonstrable practical deposition skills with specific tool experience on sputter deposition, and solution coating methods.
- Provision of relevant technical process knowledge to allow the future development of key FlexEnable processes.
- Knowledge of SPC and process control tools.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and working knowledge of polymer materials and metal films.
- Become involved in continuous improvement, providing process knowledge and understanding to help resolve yield failures.
- Ensure proper operation of the equipment in collaboration with equipment engineers.
- Plan and implement relevant experiments to help optimise deposition and Photolithography processes.
- Documenting of processes and training of operators.
- Occasional support to evening shift as required.
Key personal qualities / skills:
- Flexible approach to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- High attention to detail when recording and reporting results/experiments.
- Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to approach tasks in a structured manner and the tenacity to resolve on-going process issues.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, manage and plan/prioritize workload and effectively manage time.
- Excellent interpersonal skill, including ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- High level of competency with MS Office and fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of health and safety awareness.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter using the button below: