Title: Technician (Early shift 7am-3pm Monday to Friday)
Employment type: Permanent
Location: Cambridge (UK)
FlexEnable’s award-winning flexible technology platform, together with our unique FlexiOM™ materials, brings transformational possibilities to products including AR and VR optics, ePrivacy screens, automotive smart windows and displays. The complete low temperature manufacturing process allows, for the first time, commonly available and optically ideal flexible bio-degradable substrates such as TAC film to be used instead of glass. This innovative technology is used to make active matrix flexible Organic Liquid Crystal Displays (OLCDs) and flexible active liquid crystal (LC) optical films which are thin, light and conformable to almost any surface.
Today FlexEnable has around 600 patents and patent applications globally for OTFT and LC cell materials, processes and architectures. The company has technology transfer programmes underway with several leading display manufacturers in Asia as well as commercial programmes with some of the world’s biggest brands in consumer electronics.
FlexEnable are currently seeking a Technician to join the cleanroom production team on the early shift, 7am – 3pm, Monday to Friday. Reporting into the Operations Manager, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the potential to make a strong and high energy contribution to the company, proactively contributing to Quality Control and driving excellence in Health and Safety. There is the opportunity for the successful candidate to progress into the role of Engineering Technician as they develop fully as part of the Operations Team.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Assisting engineers and scientists as they create, modify, and test products and processes.
- Inspection of products and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement.
- Carry out daily set up and checks of production equipment.
- Experience of working within a clean room, laboratory or technical low volume production environment.
- Experience of accurate data collection and competency in recording and entering process data.
- Able to react proactively to changes in business priorities.
- Good collaborative working, interpersonal communications skills and efficient planning and organisation (self and tasks).
- The ability to prioritise and organise workload based on production priorities.
- The ability to meet production deadlines.
- Keen to learn, develop skills and contribute to technology and team development.
- Demonstrates knowledge of FlexEnable / similar processes.
- Shows the ability to work across a variety of process steps within the group.
- Able to take responsibility for the work within their specific area.
- Able to raise relevant questions at an opportune time.
- Ability to provide training of process to other members of the team.
Key personal qualities:
- Flexible approach to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- High attention to detail when carrying out experiments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A diligent and reliable team player.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter using the button below: